Wednesday, April 28, 2010

more FUNdraising!

Just back from a lovely evening run with a gorgeous sunset! Spring is definitely here and life is sweet. (I still need to get new running shoes, however!)

What else is happening? Well, I went to a couple of great fundraisers last week. On Thursday night I helped out with "Hair Wars" a hilarious evening hosted by Mine Hair Salon in support of the Children's Wish Foundation. Entertainment included a fashion show by Burcu's angels followed by some fierce competition in the "Hair Wars"; where four salons battled it out with super
sassy hairstyles and seriously incredible performances--including impromptu cheeky clipper art...MC'd by Joanie the fabulous Drag Queen. The event raised almost $5000 to send 10 year old Tanner on a Walt Disney Cruise. This I can relate to: my niece and nephew have both received wishes from the Children's Wish Foundation; one of the wishes was a Walt Disney cruise. I was very happy to support this cause!

Something a bit different on Friday night: a fundraiser for the Main Street Drift, a local arts and culture festival. My friend Mark, aka Steamboat Fattie was djing for the event so I decided to go check it out. What a great idea! 30 blank canvasses were hanging on the wall with paintbrushes and paint all ready to go...everyone was invited to paint and draw on whatever canvas they pleased--collaborative creating! And then the finished paintings were auctioned off.
Read more about it here:
Vancouver art lovers drink and Drift for a good cause | Eds. et al. blog | Granville

Posted using ShareThis

Main Street peeps are definitely putting the "fun" in fundraiser!

On that note, I will soon have more "fun"draising events of my own to share with you....curious?

Oh, and here's a few more gorgeous pics of that crazy volcano...Enjoy!

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/04/more_from_eyjafjallajokull.html

No comments:

Post a Comment